Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wild About Wellies


As I walk upstairs to give Jeff his Valentine's Day goodies I think to myself...these gifts are surely gonna rock his socks. The brown gift bag held a few t-shirts of schools I have visited, Mike & Ikes, and (my favorite) the peg game from Cracker Barrel. As we don't really do big Valentine's gifts I knew that these few things would get him smilin'.

About an 30 minutes later, both ready for a nice lunch at New Orleans Food and Spirits Jeffrey walks down with card in hand. After reading some sweet words the last line read, "Ask me for your choices." Now...I was expecting him to give me choices of restaurants or movies but instead he says something that is music to my ears...Drum roll please...

"Hunter Wellies or Ray Bans?"

That's right people...Jeffro is takin' me shopping! After long deliberation I chose the Wellies. My mother reminded me that I have gone through 4 pairs of reading glasses in 2 years and that it will be harder to loose tall rain boots.

So Jeff and I grab a bite (both getting red beans and rice) and heading across the lake to Saks 5th. As we walk into women's shoes Jeff spots the boots and directs me to the left. The salesman notices my excitement and says, "Well, she knows what she's come for!"

Needless to say I walk out a giddy girl with new kicks! I slip them on (no it wasn't raining) and hit the streets of New Orleans to show them off..."Get ready world, these boots are made for walkin'!"

Princess Diana in Hunter Wellingtons

No comments:

Post a Comment