Friday, February 4, 2011

My Homemade Valentine


                                                                                                                                                      Simply Bloom Photography

In less than a week a plane, with me in tow will land in New Orleans, LA. I never thought I would come to love this city in such a way but the excitment is almost uncontainable. Now, don't get it twisted...I will have a special someone picking me up and that might be why I am so joyful but I also can't ingore the fact that it is the national month for l.o.v.e.

Valentine's Day. Whether you love it or hate it, it comes every year. Same day. February 14th.

For the men that read this (all 3 of you) keep in mind that most of us aren't expecting diamonds, teddy bears, and Walgreen's chocolates. We just want a little bit of thought wraped in a bow. If you take an old key and put it on a string and tell me it is 'the key to your heart' I might just melt into mush. Or attempt to draw a picture of us on red construction paper (stick figures are fine) I will cherish it forever.

So remember little lovers, Valentine's Day is about his sentiment, not his salary.

No comments:

Post a Comment