Friday, February 4, 2011

Must Reads

For Christmas I received a Kindle, and let me just tell you it surely kindled my desire to read...and read...and read. Now I have two books to share with you.

The Diary by Eileen Goudge


This is a love story that had me sobbing like a baby on a flight to Pittsburgh. After passing it on to my mother and best friends Lauren and Emily, I received phone calls of whimpering women on the other line. The story is set in the romantic 1950's and depicts a woman torn between her two loves. Lesa Holstine describes it best when she says, "The Diary is a deceptive little book, with a pleasant surprise." If you loved The Notebook, this is the book for you!

Heaven is for Real


The subtitle description of this book is perfect...A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back. This is a true story of a 4 year old boy who went into a major surgery and came out knowing more about heaven than any theologists.

Amazon.com reports: Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

This book gave me chills, made me cry, and gave me a new view of our amazing creator.

I now strive to have childlike faith and trust in the power of prayer. Please read this story, it will change your life.

Thank you for reading! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment